Saturday, August 9, 2008

Back to T-town

It has been way too long away from the velodrome. It is so much fun. Ed, Spencer and I went for the last race of the track season in Trexlertown. This is Spencer's first track race and his first time riding rollers. All I can say is when Spencer gets more experience on the track he is going to be something. He is so strong.

Ed raced both the cat4 and masters races. That means he raced 3 cat4 races, 3 masters races and the feature race for a total of 7 races. That would have killed me. What a wild man. He did great!

We raced a 12 lap scratch race, a 20 lap points race and a miss and out. Plus a 24 lap feature. of course times two for Ed.

My favorite race is the miss and out. It has been since I was a junior. Thats because I can hang in and positon my way up in the group for protection. I got 5th.

My mom and dad came to watch us race today. I love it when they come to watch. But they missed my 5th place race because they went to go eat and came back. Very funny, they are so funny.

The feature event for us was a 24 lap scratch race. The Colavita team had three riders in the race. They tryed to breakaway twice. I brought them back twice. That is fun for me.

Next year we need to go to the track much more often.

No comments: