Friday, August 1, 2008

Downtown Criterium - Statesville NC Style

Fast, fast, fast, fun, fun,fun!!! 6 corner, L shaped, .6 mile course with a small power climb. My style. Lots of turns! Again these races start out fast and stay there. I got a good start and just settled in while looking for Ted and Matt. Matt was right beside me a couple laps into the race. I asked ' How do you feel ' Matt said ' I hate it back here ' and off he went to the front. A little while later, I was watching the front from a distance to see if anything was going on and I saw Matt trying to close a gap with no help from anyone else at all. I made my way to up to the front to try to give Matt a hand. When it came down to the sprint Matt got 9th and I came in at the back of the main group in 19th place. To my surprise, Ted was right there at the end. Great work Ted!!

No comments: