Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Planning for Florida Base Miles Trip

I'm in need of getting my butt off the couch and back on the bike. It has been almost a month since my last ride. So to kick start my season I've decided to go to Florida for some much needed base milage.

How does 370 miles in 6 days sound? That should do the trick. I'm planning to ride from Orlando to Fort Lauderdale. Traveling light from hotel to hotel, with just enough clothes to make it work.

Fly into MCO on 12/16. Build bike in airport, send box down to FLL and start riding.

Day 1 Ride from Orlando to Lake Wales 61 miles.
Day 2 Lake Wales to Arcadia 69 miles.
Day 3 Arcadia to Fort Myers 53 miles.
Day 4 Fort Myers to LaBelle 55 miles.
Day 5 LaBelle to Clewiston 53 miles.
Day 6 Clewiston to Fort Lauderdale 79 miles.

And also fly back to BWI on the last day so I can go back to work on X-mas eve.
Wish me luck!

No comments: