Tuesday, August 25, 2020

First Full Day Back





 After two trouble free flights back to Milwaukee I caught the shuttle to the airport parking lot to finally get back to my van. What a wonderful site to see sitting in the parking lot right where I left it. Click the key fob and voila the van unlocks. Great sound, means the battery still working. I open everything up to let the van air out a bit. Check everything over and everything is perfect. What a relief.


Okay now it’s time to pay the parking bill..... $230 not too bad for almost a full month. Off to the gas station and Walmart to restock my food supplies and find a place to spend the night.


I check out my old standby Boondockers Welcome and first shot I find nice place in Elkhart Lake near Road America, that is where I did the 12 hour tandem ride last year. I sign up for 3days here so I can get my life back in place, clean up my van and go for a couple days of bike rides. No rush to go anywhere, just enjoy life!


Last night I slept with all the doors open so I could see the stars and enjoy the night air. Around 3am I was woken up by thunder right as it started to rain. I jumped up ran outside to close the back doors and sliding door just as it began to rain very hard. It rained the rest of the night. Who knew it was going to rain. Oh well.


First full day back in the van started as a rainy day. Quite the blessing actually, I spent the morning cleaning and reorganizing everything. I pulled everything out of every clubby hole and found proper places for most everything. During a few breaks from the rain I was able to get Jill’s mountain bike packed up for shipping back to Maryland. Which also allowed me to reorganize the van garage too.


The sun finally showed itself around 2pm. I drove to Fond Du Lac to ship Jill’s bike from a UPS store. Then I went to get my wheel fixed at a bike shop in Winnebago. I even went to Planet Fitness in Oshkosh for a quick workout and shower. A stop at the Piggley Wiggley on the way back to camp made for a very productive day. 


Tomorrow I will go for a good long bike ride in the morning before the 90 degree weather returns.


No comments: