Saturday, August 29, 2020

The Other Ripon

 Last September I went to the UCI World Cycling Championship in Yorkshire England. I rented a beautiful Airbnb in a small town outside of Harrowgate ,where all the races were finishing, called Ripon. I hap an amazing first week riding to all of the races with a local bike club to watch the races. The people, the place was wonderful. I had the time of my life. Sadly at the same time my father was going though the end of his life. I flew home right away. I missed the second week of Worlds. But there was no way I wasn’t going to be there for my father. I made it back in time to spend the final week of his life with him. And to be with him when he passed. I would never trade anything for that. I miss him everyday more than words can say. 

I did get back to England for the London 6 Day. But I do feel like I have unfinished business in Ripon. So to my amazement I came upon a town in Wisconsin called Ripon. I had to go. I’m there now. It is absolutely nothing like it’s namesake but it has brought back memories. Here are some pictures of the USA version of Ripon.








When the world opens back up, I will go back to Ripon England.

No comments: