Monday, August 24, 2020

Slowly Healing

 It has been 15 days since my eye surgery, so far everything is going fine. I spent most of the first week laying in bed watching movies. A big departure from riding 200 miles a week and hiking most days.  I've been a model patient resting, sleeping. eating the right things, wearing my eye patch at night and taking my eye drops as prescribed with alarms set at regular intervals. 

At my last doctor appointment I was told everything is going fine. I asked about how long I had to lay around and the Doc said I no longer had to stay still on one side. I asked about exercising, he said whatever I feel comfortable with just don't push it. I said good I'm going for a bike ride. 

And RIDE I DID !

In the past not quite 3 weeks I rode 577 miles. Not bad for working with one eye. Actually I had 257 miles last week alone. 


No comments: