Wednesday, January 13, 2010

First Day Riding with Cyclefilm

After a morning walk down to the beach to watch the waves (I could get used to this), I drove up to Encinitas to ride the Cyclefilm Winter Social Networking Training Camp. What a great idea, getting cyclist together to share their varied interest in the sport we all love so much.

I met Markus at Days Inn for a 10am ride. We headed south along the coast to BL Bikes in Solena Beach so Markus could get a new tire. With a light drizzle we went away from the coast to try to find some warmer dryer weather. We held a nice steady conversation pace for most of the ride. The drizzle turned to rain and back to drizzle but it was a heck of a lot better then riding at home. We rode about 40 miles. I never really know how far a ride is because I don't have or even want any kind of telemetry on my bike. A ride is just a ride, enjoy it. Of course by the end of the ride the sun made its presence known.

Tomorrow I am going to meet Markus and Cameron for another ride at 10am. I can't wait.

No comments: