Saturday, June 30, 2012

Day 29 Sea 2 Shining Sea

Slated as an easier day, it was still tough in the end because of the heat. We rode 70 miles, which is much less then the big days of the last week. We started with a police escourt out of Emporia, so we were riding at controlled easy pace. At the town line the escourt stopped and the riding began. Larry and I began with the plan to ride our own ride so we could start working on doing some intervals. We rolled out with the fast group just sitting on the back of the pack. At about 10 miles Larry and I got a flat. Hunter stopped to help us with it. The others didn't wait, not surprised at all.

By the time we changed the tire we were passed by the B group too. We rode with the B group for a while until we warmed up again. Then we started doing our first set of interval training. We did 4 three minute intervals. Not bad for our first try. I've never been one to have any kind of training program, I just ride and have fun. So this is new to me. I've been around long enough to know something about training but I am definity looking for downside help with setting up a program that will work for both Larry and myself.

No comments: