Monday, June 4, 2012

Day 7 Sea 2 Shining Sea

In all of my years of riding, I've never had such a tailwind like today. We rode from Carson City to Fallon Nevada which is pretty much perfectly in a northeast direction. We had a perfect 20-30mph tailwind coming from the southwest. We rode 63 miles in just over 2 hours 40 minutes and I'm not in the least bit sore. We rode so fast that we sat at lunch for over an hour so I had to cut my ride data into part 1 and part 2 again.

and


After our ride, we got a tour of the control tower at Fallon Naval Strike and Air Warfare Center. This is where Top Gun happens. Very cool indeed. (I have a cool picture on my phone that I posted on my Facebook page. Check it out there. I can't figure out how to get it on my blog.)

Then we went to the 9/11 Memorial in Fallon to show our respect and take pictures.

Tonight we ate a great chicken dinner with salad at the hotel. I can't thank our support staff enough for all of their hard work.

Tomorrow we ride our first century so early to bed.

No comments: