Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Rest Day 3

Today we had a rest day in Salt Lake City, Utah. It is so great to be in a city I know so well, since I've lived in Park City years ago and I've had many overnights here while working for Southwest Airlines.

I started my day with a great breakfast at our hotel. Followed by updating my blog and catching up on phone calls back home. At lunch time I went for a walk with Sabrina to help her find a bike shop. We didn't make it but a few feet from the hotel when we spotted a street vendor selling tacos and burritos. They looked so good, we bought ours and went back to the hotel to enjoy our finds. Everyone in the lobby was jealous. Later they all went to get their own.

After our tasty lunch, Sabrina and I set out to find a bike shop with in walking distance. I've forgotten how long Salt Lakes blocks are and how hilly it can get. We walked up to Watsatch Touring and to Salt Lake Bicycle Company. Sabrina was able to get exactly what she was looking for at each store. We walked about 3 miles easy.


For the evening, we had another sponsor dinner planned at a steak place near by. I decided to spend the night going to one of my favorite places in town Brewvies with my best friend Jill. We went to see Hunger Games. We had a great time, we always do, but the movie was very mediocre at best. And yes I did read the book first and thought the book missed the point too. Maybe someday I will write a better book.

No comments: