Thursday, July 12, 2012

4th and 5th of July Rest Days

After so many days riding in the heat at was nice to have a couple days off the bike hanging out in St Louis in the heat. The heat was still with us. Also returning for a repeat performance was my friend Jill. She flew in yesterday afternoon to hang out with all of this crazyness called S2SS. The guys love having her around. And of course I love having Jill around too.

We spent the day having lunch with a bunch of the guys and then walking down to the river and the Arch to watch the AirShow.

I have some great video of the Harrier Jet but I can't seem to figure out how to get it off of my smartphone. Again, my smartphone is much smarter then me. Go figure.

The fireworks at night were great too. The amazing part was how calm and controlled such a huge big city crowd was for the fireworks and the concert before. No nonsence at all. Cool.

The highlight for the whole St Louis stay was City Museum. I can't even come close to explan how cool this place is. Think of a guy who got a welder for his birthday and went crazy. It has some of the coolest art made from all recycled stuff built around a maze of cement and rebar. I was climbing and crawling, sliding and swinging, jumping and flipping with all the rest of the kids in this place. It is a place where you can bring your kid and lose him for the afternoon. But since I don't have kids and I'm a kid myself anyway. I lost myself in there all afternoon. Way, Way, FUN!!!

No comments: