Thursday, July 12, 2012

Day 36 Sea 2 Shining Sea

More wonderful people and food followed by more rider mayhem. Today we entered Indiana at Vincennes. This is the home town of one of our staff members Brianna. She makes our lunches everyday on the USO. Brianna's father hosted us for lunch at his car dealership. This was the best lunch for me yet. Great salads, grilled chicken sandwiches, fruit salads and chips.

Dinner was hosted by Brianna's grandparents at an Amish restaurant. The best lemon maringue pie. This ride has become all about the food. Over and over again.

Tonight I played ultimate frisbee with a bunch of the staff. Running was never something I was good at but wow that was a whole bunch of fun. Playing with a bunch of 20somethings makes me realize that I'm not 20 anymore. Ouch but FUN. I like fun.

After dinner we had a rider meeting to talk about how the ride was going for everyone. It was heated to say the least. I think the people at the pool could hear all of the yelling. I don't respond well to yelling so there were a couple times I almost walked out, but I stuck around. Alot was said but I'm not sure about what was really accomplished. (I am keeping this blog as P.C. as possible and not saying names or talking about the events in any detail. Maybe after we get to Virginia.)



No comments: