Friday, July 20, 2012

Day 43 Sea 2 Shining Sea

We were lead out of Pittsburgh the same way we came in, by police escourt. It is the only way we could have negotiated rush hour traffic. Our escourt dropped us off on a bike path running along the Monongahela River. It was a great fine crushed stone flat bike path for 30 miles. We had a water stop in West Newton then turned left and went straight up hill. These are the big hills of Pennsylvania that we have been wiating for. At least I've been waiting for them.

We had a great reception in Mount Pleasant at their war memorial, color guard and servicemen. Afterward they feed us at Leo's and Sons' Grille 31. Some of the best food of the whole trip.
With the climbs came the threat of thunderstorms. As the first rain of the trip started, I've been wanting rain I like it, so came lightning. We all got picked up and shuttled to the end of our day. We rode the hard part so we really didn't mind shuttling.

After dinner the games began.... Monopoly!! As I said before, I hang out with the interns the most. And today they invited me to play monopoly with them. I was honored. I kicked their butts.

No comments: