Thursday, July 12, 2012

Day 37 Sea 2 Shining Sea

Today had the best roads in a while. Not the best surface or the best traffic but the roads actually went up and down and turned left and right. Not just arrow straight and flat like the last couple thousand miles. I can't wait to get back home to ride loops on curvy roads. Soon enough.

Because we were having so much fun on these roads we got to lunch way early. I knew we had well over an hour to wait for the last group. So like an idiot I played basketball with the staff in the church parking lot where we were having lunch. We started with a simple game of H.O.R.S.E., not good enough for me, I suggested we play 2 on 2. Not bright at all. My 46 year old rebuilt knees can't take that at all. Idiot. Now two days later I'm still icing the day lights out of my knee trying to get the swelling to go down.

After lunch my Garmin computer battery died. Rats, only getting credit for 44.5 miles of an 80 mile day stinks. Honest we rode the whole ride to Seymour. Plug in the Garmin nightly!

No comments: