Friday, July 11, 2008

Beverly Hills Cycling Classic

I arrived in Blue Island just after 3pm. Another hot day on the motorcycle. Last night I stopped in Strongsville, OH and stayed in our crew hotel. What a great job I have, not only can I get plenty of days off to go race for a week but also getting a great discount on hotels at the last minute.

After meeting my host family and setting up my new room, I went for a little bike ride to see the Pros race in Beverly Hills. It was very much like the West Chester race. Big crowds and lots of fan fair. A real party in the streets. All of the locals came out with full meals on the front lawn, as well as more wine and beer to keep the party going for the whole 100k race. The riders didn't disapoint either. Attack after attack. The primes were flowing as much as the beers. Over $4200 in primes for the night. Wow!

No comments: