Thursday, July 31, 2008

Crash Boom Bang Twice!!

That was a first. I crashed twice in one race. Wow.

It was the easiest 4 corner course I've riden all year. Really no need to brake or shift at all. With that said, on lap 3 a guy went wide going around a corner and nailed a lamp pole with 2 hay bales on it. His bike bounched back and I ran it over and went down. No damage. Easy fall.

I took my free lap and got right back into the pack. Again Ted got stuck behind the crash and was chasing. His group got pulled a few laps later.

I just sat in the group waiting for the final sprint. I could move up at will, so I waited til 2 laps to go. I came around the 4th corner in top 15. At the line the front guys got together and crashed. I thought I was going to make it around them when a bike slid in front of me taking out my front wheel. Down I go, sliding on my ass. Yea gotta love it. Just a little skin, no big deal.

I got 13th.

No comments: