Sunday, July 6, 2008

West Chester Twilight

What a great event! Last night I raced at the West Chester Twilight Criterium. Although I didn't last long in the race, I was inspired. The crowds were large and loud, even for the cat 3/4 race. It started very fast off the line of course. And I made the mistake of starting to close toward the back of the field. With a little bit of a rise entering the home straight, it didn't take long before I at the back getting gapped on every corner by riders braking hard for the corners. Once I was off the back, I was able to take the corners at full speed and gain some ground toward the field. I was sitting in a group of 4 or 5 riders when the offical stepped out in front of us to end our day. It is always bitter sweet to get pulled from a race. One the field was still in sight. Two it ends the suffering.

All the same it inspired me sign up for SuperWeek. It is a last minute decision but I've decided to go to Chicago to race 7 races in 7 days. I've wanted to go to Super Week since I've been a junior. Always something would come up to stop the trip. Mostly lack of fitness and lack of funds. When I was a junior I never had the means to get there in the first place. But it was always a dream to race multiple days in a row.

I put out a quick email to Matt and Ted to see if they wanted to go with me on such short notice. Matt is working and Ted's vacation doesn't start til later in the month.

I've been in need of an adventune. I'm going. And just for the fun of it, I'm going on my motorcycle.

No comments: