Sunday, July 20, 2008

Hunny Bop not Bunny Hop

Still going! I did my 7th race in 9 days. boy am I tired. But still riding fast. It was a very hot day, about 95 degrees in the shade. I couldn't get the heat out of my mouth at all. Every time I sprayed water in my face I thought it was hot dish water. Not refreshing at all. But I was sitting comfortable toward the back. As the race went on I didn't see anything to gain from frying myself in the heat with no cool water so I pulled out with about 15 laps to go. At was a very good week. It is not about the finish , it's about the FUN. I had fun.



At was a long day watching races. Spencer did his first criterium in the morning. He raced a great race. He kept his nose out of trouble and listened to when to move up. He finished in 23rd place without even turning a pedal around the last turn. A very good move since he is going to race cars in the morning.



Matt the super stud did two races back to back in that heat. Cat 3/4 with me and Masters 30/40. Very very fast. He was amazing. Between races all he could do was refill his bottles and get to the line. As always he does his loin share of the work when he races. Talk about being wrecked at the end of the day. Matt was very close to heat stroke. He had to cool down fast. Great day Matt!!

No comments: