Saturday, July 12, 2008

Blue Island Criterium


It is official, I have now raced in SuperWeek! The race was just 2 blocks from where I'm staying in Blue Island. Charlotte, of my host family, was working as a race marshall on the first corner all day long.


We had about 40 riders in the Masters 4/5 race. It was a nice long 4 corner crit, no surprizes, just a little bumpy. A few breaks would get about 10-15 seconds then come back. I stayed up toward the front for most of the race and even put in a couple efforts myself to bring breaks back. It came down to a field sprint on the longest striaght away about 400 meters. Of course the sprint started from the corner. Half way down the road I started to sprint, I passed some riders who were running out of gas. I got 9th place. In the money!

No comments: