Sunday, July 27, 2008

Irving Park Criterium

Spencer, Ed and I raced in Allentown. Spencer in his second cat 5 race. Ed and I in our millionth cat 4 race. No need to upgrade, we are just having fun.


Spencer again raced great even on a course with a small hill. Stay on was the first order of business. He quickly found out that the hill was much easier then it looked. You could just carry your speed right up it. At the end Spencer give it alittle bit of a sprint. He finished 15th. Great job. This is only the beinning.


The cat 4 races was delayed by a quick moving thunderstorm. So we started on wet roads. About 5 laps into the race, I picked up a piece of glass and got a front flat. Thank goodness Ed put wheels in the pit. I got my free lap on Ed's front wheel. Getting back in was a challenge for me, being that it was up hill and the pack was going fast. I got in alright. But shortly after Ed decided to test the wet road surface. He slid out going around turn 2. As he was getting his free lap, I went to the front to keep the pace steady. Ed and I now were hanging out in the back of the pack deciding what we wanted to do next. We decided that I would take Ed to the front with a lap to go and lead him out for the finish. I got him up there, but then I was done. Ed made some great moves thru the group to get himself 6th place. I got 16th. Not bad, a flat, a crash and 6th and 16th places. Another fun race.

No comments: