Sunday, July 6, 2008

West Chester Twilight Crit

What a great event! I just wish I had a better start and a little bit more power to hang on longer. I raced the cat 3/4 race in downtown West Chester before a very excited crowd. There were about 100 riders to start but it thinned out pretty quickly. Very fast off of the line. Since I started in the third row I had to fight alittle to more up. I just didn't fight hard enough before the third corner. It was the tightest corner on the course, it could be ridden at full speed but in the back of the field they seem to hit there brakes a little to much. So going up the homestraight each lap I was just trying to hold by position up the small rise. Every lap I was losing about 20 positions and then gaining back 10 on the backstraight down hill. That didn't last long. I was hanging off the back of the field riding my own speed thru the corners doing about the same pace is the field. I was praying for the them to sit up some or a small mishap in the field. The field was still in site when I got pulled. They pull riders way to early in races like this. Great course all the same. I spent the rest of the night watching bike races and watching people. Much fun!

No comments: