Sunday, July 12, 2020

Bushwhacking and Swampwacking Bike Ride with a Hike

After a morning of minor house repairs at the cabin, Jill and I decided to drive to Ricketts Glen to hike to the waterfalls and I will ride back to the cabin. We got to the trial head at noon. I hiked with Jill to the first falls . Jill continued around the loop trial and I went back to her car. 
I used Ride With GPS to make a quick route back to the cabin but I really didn’t look at how it got me back just that it did. I must have the settings set to any and all means possible to get home. As soon as I started down the hill the GPS had me make a left on a private lane. Normally I would pass on entering a private road but if Ride With GPS says it’s good I guess I will try it. Well.... the private lane turned into an old hunting trial which turned into a game trial which turned into plain old woods. After trying to follow the arrow on Garmin for about a half hour or so I found  the old hunting trial again and then it turned into a swamp trial. I was having a blast riding through the woods, riding on the swamp trial all the time thinking I would see a bear at any moment. Once I thought I was going the right way and I come along a No Trespassing $250 fine sign. Well hell.... everywhere I turn it’s do not enter... what’s the fun in that. I will take my chances with the fine. I finally get back on a real road and I almost get bite by a rattlesnake. 
I will say that was so much fun. My shoes probably won’t dry out for a week. 





I guess photos and videos will post later 

No comments: