Friday, July 24, 2020

Lower Falls to Upper Falls Hike

Lower Falls to Upper Falls Hike July 24 2020


It is hard to describe how good I sleep in my van. It is sounder, deeper and more relaxed than anywhere I’ve ever slept. My dreams are full on movies, as vivid as life, in Techno-Color. I do have to work on remembering them after I wake but I know I’ve had them. I guess it also helps that we are in 70-80 degree days and probably 50’s at night. And I’ve been getting a good amount of exercise during the day with bike rides and hiking most days.


Today was a day for a full on breakfast at camp before we break down for our morning Lower Falls to Upper Falls hike. Eggs, peppers, avocado, jalapeƱos and salsa did the trick. And of course a handful of blueberries just because.


While sitting here relaxing after breakfast I’m watching and listening to the birds. There is so much activity going on and so much chatter. Sadly I don’t know my birds but they all seem to be happy. For as fast these birds are going back and forth between the trees, I did see a hummingbird going three times as fast. Very awesome. 


We finished off our stay at Tahquamenon Falls by hiking from the Lower to the Upper Falls. We dropped off our bikes at the Upper and drove back down. It’s a little over a four mile hike not very steep, not very hard but beautiful. The trails were not too crowded until we got close to the Upper. By the time we got to the parking lot it was jammed. I guess not so surprised with such a nice Friday.


We decided to have a good meal at the brewpub before riding back down. After a 20 minute wait for a table I had a bison burger and wild rice soup. The ride down was slow and steady that’s all we could manage. Back at camp we took showers and got ready for our next drive. 


Just a few quick words about our new Boondockers Welcome site in Germfask. Wow, wow, WOW! Let the pictures do the talking.












No comments: