Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Wills Eye Institute

Wills Eye Institute 


Spent the night at Sheraton Suites at the Philadelphia Airport. I had an 8am appointment so of course I arrived at 7am. This place is very busy and I must say it runs like a well oiled machine.  It’s now 9am and I’ve seen 3 nurses and the doctor. After some poking and pictures I am having surgery tomorrow. I was given the choice of in office procedure or surgery. The difference is can’t fly for 2 weeks or 2 months. I’m having surgery so I can get back to my travels as soon as possible. Call me crazy. 


After the surgery I have to have my head cocked in a 45 degree angle for the next 7 days. . Now that sounds like fun. Guess I’m going to be listening to a lot of movies and tv this week. I haven’t watched tv in the past few weeks and haven’t missed it at all. Even last night getting to the hotel I didn’t turn on the tv. And this morning I turned it on while getting dressed and turned it right off because it was crap news. 


As I write this, it is very crazy since I can’t really see what I’m writing because my bad eye is my reading eye and they put drops in my left eye. So I don’t see typos and can’t reread it at all. 


To get the surgery I had to see a primary doctor to see if I can survive a surgery. They sent me across the street to a cardiologist and all checked out good. Low blood pressure and low heart rate like normal. I can’t praise the professionalism and kindness of Wills Eye and everyone involved so far enough. 


Since I’m not having the surgery today it’s time to eat. I want a street vendor. Couldn’t find a hotdog stand , it is kind of crazy because of COVID there are very few places open and few stands. I settled on a gyro. Settled nothing, it was great for $4. Looking for the train home I went to Reading Station and got some snacks, dark chocolate cranberries and crystal ginger, Mmmm.


Guess I will go home and prepare for tomorrow. Maybe I will go for a bike ride. Heck I think I will go for a motorcycle ride. 


No comments: