Monday, July 27, 2020

Exploring Pictured Rock

Exploring Pictured Rock


After a near disastrous evening of trouble shooting the toilet in my van, I’m looking forward to spending the day at Pictured Rock National Part.


Last night right before bed the toilet in my van almost overflowed. It appears that the fresh fill over filled and almost made a huge mess. I had to dump my holding tank in the host sewage pipe. I was very fortunate that he was still awake to show me where to dump. Note to self keep an eye on levels and dump more often. 


Okay now that is out of the way let’s get back to the fun part of the trip. Today we tried to get on a last minute kayak or glass bottom boat tour of Pictured Rock. Everything was sold out of course since it was such a beautiful Saturday. Instead we drove to the Lighthouse trailhead I went for a 3 mile round trip hike. Yes it was a beautiful day but holy cow the black flies!


Black flies made a meal out of me. I spent half the hike using my iPad as a fly shatter. By the end the iPad and my legs were covered in blood. Definitely long pants for tomorrow, I hope to hike the Chapel Rock Trail. 


When we got back to our wonderful lakeside home for the night I went for a 30+ mile bike ride. More gravel roads so I put the big tires on the Open with a little light on tire pressure but that made for a fun supple ride. 







No comments: