Friday, July 17, 2020

Crystal Lake and Frankfort Michigan

More catch up blogging. 

Wednesday night we arrived at a fantastic Boondockers Welcome Host in Frankfort Michigan. Dan our host was very welcoming and gave us the best spot on his site. He has room for 4 RVs I believe. All have water and electric hookups. We got in just in time to cook a quick dinner and for the rains to come rolling down. Jill and I spend the rest of the evening playing UNO in my van.

We made plans to meet Jill’s friend Angie in Traverse City in the afternoon so I went for a 50 mile bike ride around Crystal Lake and Frankfort. I planned a route with RideWithGPS so I decided to take my Open. Glad I did because I rode some very fun dirt and hard packed sand roads. Beautiful roads , rolling with few cars. Of course the only close pass I got all day was from some jackass with Texas plates. I did the loop counter clockwise so when I got to Frankfort almost at the end of my ride I gave Jill a call and she was just leaving our campsite. I met her in Frankfort for a refill of water and some cherries she had just picked up at a local roadside stand. 

I made my way back to our campsite took a quick shower and started heading to Traverse City so we could do laundry. Along the way I stopped for lunch at a food truck and had Asian Tacos. Wow they were good. Jill and I met up with Angie at the laundromat. 

From there we arrived at our new campsite at a real State Park. Lots of campers, the place is packed. But I must say people are doing a great keeping their social distance. 

We had a camp side fire that took me freaking 3 hours to get started. We stayed up until almost 2am talking. There was no way I was going to waste that fire right after I got at started.

No comments: