Saturday, July 11, 2020

Cheryl’s Cabin


Today we spent the day hanging out with my sister at her cabin very close to heaven and I got to go for a bike ride. Cheryl made breakfast as I was getting my bike riding gear together and setting up my map off of my Garmin. I just selected a 30+ mile round trip ride that the computer generated with the most climbing out of the three choices. The cabin is on a gravel road so of course my Open was the best bike for the day. The ride was probably 60-70% gravel and either up or down very little flat road. After all the torrential rains yesterday the gravel roads were kind of slow and soft. My first picture stop was for a street sign for Happys Rd, very fitting. I was!
I saw lots of deer, ground hogs, geese, turkeys and was chased by a dog named Bear who was no bigger than my shoe. Incredible rolling farm land and state park land with only a small handful of cars all day. I got 36 miles and got back just before the afternoon rains. Which makes for wonderful napping weather.
Jill and I went for a walk around the pond and through the woods. Pictures to follow. After dinner Allan and I took the 4 wheelers for a spin back down to the pond and on to the road looking for more wildlife. Even got to fly the drone around between storms, we will see how long it takes me to upload the videos from that.









No comments: