Friday, July 17, 2020

Traverse City State Park and Vasa XCski Trails

The past two nights we have stayed at a fully packed camp grounds in almost downtown Traverse City directly across from the beach of East Arm of Grand Traverse Bay. Tonight I went to the beach to try to see Comet NEOWISE. Well I missed it. The sun sets much later here than at home. Jill and I were at the beach waiting and she decided to go to bed. I walked her back and got my camera and tripod. I took too long and missed my opportunity. I also realized I need to spend some time learning the settings on my camera. 

Earlier in the day I converted my Open into my mountain bike, changed the wheels to 650b. It was recommended I try the Vasa Cross Country Ski Trails that are just outside of town. It was mostly bike paths to get to the trails. There was a trail map at the beginning of the trailhead. I should have taking a picture of it. I tried to ride the 25 kilometer loop. Well there are so many trails that overlap and single track that crosses double track and fire roads that cross snowmobile/ 4x4 trails that I was lost and confused in no time. The trails were fast and fun but with a lot of sand and ferns. I rode for a good hour and a half when decided that was time to find my way out and start for camp. As the heat of the day came and my water supply was going low I finally came across two guys target shooting. I asked them how to get the heck out of there. They steered me in the right direction. It still took me another hour. Very fun place to ride. So much variety. 




Add pictures later 

No comments: